- Make sure that you have Java (JRE) installed on your system
- Download the Linux binary zip (no JRE) from http://www.soapui.org/
- Unzip it into a preferable directory such as your home folder or /opt
- Make sure that you have proper permissions on the unziped soapUI folder
- Go into the folder and run
$ bin/soapui.sh(open source) or
Once you've downloaded the installer the installation is pretty strait forward. Start it by just double-clicking on it. After preparing the installation which takes only a few seconds you'll see the starting screen:
Just click Next to continue. You'll be asked to accept our license agreement
After accepting and clicking Next you'll be able to select the destination folder which by default is set to home/user/eviware/soapUI-3.5.1 but can be changed.
Next step gives you opportunity to optionally include, as additional components, soapUI source files and Hermes installation.
In case of installing soapUI Pro JDBC drivers jars can be included as additional option (and of course no source is available).
In case you've chosen to install Hermes, next you'll get is Hermes license agreement
After that a window appears where you'll be asked to select if desktop icon should be created and if jxbrowser should be disabled (jxbrowser can cause problems on some linux versions).
Finally, by clicking Next, the installation starts
After couple of minutes most the installation should be finished and you should see the next screen:
Now you are ready to use it. Good luck