I'm running linux. The soapUI configuration tab is called "LoadUI Settings". There is a configuration field called "loadUI.bat folder" which is technically not accurate since LOADUI on linux doesn't have a .bat file in it's subfolders... but that's a SOAPUI thing.
Anyway, I pointed the configuration to my installation directory "/home/amast/eviware/loadUI-1.0-beta1 and nothing happens when I click the LOADUI button on SOAPUI. If I don't configure this path or configure it incorrectly, I get a front-end GUI message "No LoadUI.sh file on this path!". I ran SOAPUI from a terminal to see if anything was logged but didn't see anything.
This seems more of a SOAPUI issue, so if you want, I can post something there.
Thanks for your post, I have tested it with "Build soapui-pro-daily-2010-07-13-, Build Date 2010/07/13 06:21" and this works fine so kindly download today's build and let me know if the problem still exist.