1. Installing on Mac
Once you've downloaded the installer the installation is pretty strait forward. Start it by just double-clicking on it. After preparing the installation which takes only a few seconds you'll see the starting screen:
Just click Next to continue. You'll be asked to accept our license agreement
After accepting and clicking Next you'll be able to select the destination folder which by default is set to /Applications but can be changed.
Next step gives you opportunity to optionally include, as additional components, SoapUI source files and Hermes installation.
In case of installing SoapUI Pro JDBC drivers jars can be included as additional option (and of course no source is available).
After that a window appears where you'll be asked to select if desktop icon should be created and if jxbrowser should be disabled. Starting from version SoapUI 3.6-beta2 JxBrowser is working on mac, but there is still a issue left with browser being always displayed on top if opened.
Finally, by clicking Next, the installation starts
After couple of minutes most the installation should be finished and you should see the next screen:
Now you are ready to use it. Good luck!
2. Installation problems
If your installed SoapUI instance on a Mac is not responding, try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- In soapui-settings.xml file add or update the following line:
- If that doesn't work, start SoapUI Pro with the following parameter added to the command line:
- Alternatively, you can navigate to SoapUI*.app and do "Show Package Info" ( from popup menu ).
Then you should see Contents directory. Open Info.plist file for editing where you can add:
- We have also seen some issues with SoapUI installs in Mac when GateKeeper is active. So to rule out that possible conflict, deactivate GateKeeper and try starting SoapUI
Also if you want to change the look and feel of SoapUI or SoapUI Pro to look more like a Mac application, change the following settings:
- Go to File > Preferences > UI Settings tab
- Check "Use native look & feel"
- Restart SoapUI Pro
Install from zip file
To install from zip file, you need the zip file version:
Most likely you want to use the zip file because you already have a Java distribution installed.
If that is not the case, you will be asked to install Java:
You will have to accept the license agreement:
The Java packages is downloaded:
After download, the install starts automatically:
When the install is finished, you can close the installer: