An example of REST API Testing with SoapUI
Step1: Open MockService
1. Double click on MockService:
2. Click to start the mockservice.
You will see mockservice "running on port 8080".
Configure MockService using MockService Option
Step2: REST Request TestCase
1. Expand the "Test account creation" and the nodes below until you reach View Forum. Double click it and you will see REST Request TestCase Viewer open:
2. Click to send a request. You will see REST Test Response on the right.
REST Request and Response View.
3. You can change the view of your request and response by clicking on and .
- toggle to tab based layout
- changes the orientation to request pane split
Step3: Adding Assertion
1. Click Assertions to open the assertions tab:
2. Click to add a new assertion:
3. Select the Contains assertion in the Add Assertion dialog:
4. Enter the content that the response message must contain:
5. You may run the test step by clicking :